Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Can you find the poem within the poem?

One at a time, please
One at a time
I'm a one on one kinda
girl
or maybe two or three
but put me in a room full and
oh
what a mess I feel
Too many
faces voices conversations
emotions intentions states of being
too much information to
gather
in anything that looks like sense
And I may make for a corner
to scope out the scene
try to make invisible and observe
stand back and see more clearly
in a place of some sort of
peace
and somewhere that feels
safe and out of the way
and not in the middle
and not having to think
of something
to
say when you don't
have any idea what people
are talking about
and you really want to
sit down and
figure it all out with
yourself.

4 comments:

  1. Well, I didn't take the time to find the inside poem because the words in this one strike home so deeply. I can so relate to it.

    Glad to read your work.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Myrna! It's so reassuring to know other people go through this. Those who don't simply don't understand. Hidden poem:
    Girl, oh, gather peace to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, no, though I was concentrating so hard on the words of the 'obvious' that I probably didn't look hard enough. Truly amazing words, they also speak volumes to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! It's such a hard set of emotions to describe and I know some people don't experience this. The hidden poem is the one-word lines.

    Girl
    oh
    gather
    peace
    to
    yourself.

    ReplyDelete