Thursday, October 29, 2009

Intro in the 3rd Act

I realized that I kinda started this blog out of nowhere and as it seems to be a place I'm going to do a lot of ranting, I feel an introduction of sorts is in order. I rant a lot, but it doesn't come from a place of expecting others to change so that the world will be as I wish it to be. More, I'm sitting in my glass house and rather than throwing my bucket of stones, I'm searching for reflections. If I bitch about the actions of others it's likely that they piss me off because I see something in them that I want to change in myself. This isn't always true but often. Obviously if I bitch about war, it's not because I believe in or support war, but what wars are going on in my own life? What things do I war against and so waste my energy? Basically, I use writing as a way to think about the world, to pick it apart and see if I can figure out what's going on. In studying the world, I learn more about myself. I'm coming to feel an urgency to be of service to those around me. I have to investigate to see where and in what capacities I can be most helpful. I also, like we all do, have a lot of growing and healing to do myself. I don't think I should sit and wait to help while I devote all my time to healing and trying to perfect myself. I do know that I have to work hardest at my own healing so that I have more to give. I envision a world where we all work together for the good of all. Where we know we all are one, where compassion reins supreme. We all are the custodians of this planet and of our race. Soon we'll be able to see the beauty in all others and, perhaps most importantly, in ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment