Thursday, January 21, 2010

I'm Moving!

I found a home! And I stress the word HOME! I've lived in an apartment for 5 years that is unhealthy for many reasons and owned by a big corporation who basically refuses to fix anything. With the help of a friend, I found a tiny house to rent. It will be a big sacrifice as far as space is concerned but what we will gain is immeasurable! It has a HUGE yard that goes right down to a river. It's in a part of town that is very walkable and fun. The minute I walked in it was as if the house hugged me. We will be in a house! With no people on our walls or ceiling! We can plant things! I'm so excited! I've been pack-ratting in a two bedroom apartment for years. Now we're moving into The Little House (I named it) and suddenly I'm finding it so simple to give things away. I really believe it's my life path issue at this time to learn how to live with only what is necessary. I feel life will be more simple. I'll be more organized and together. It's such a peaceful place! I'm going to foster that peacefulness and make it the everyday state of life. I feel so strongly that all the things I've struggled with will become easier. I will take time to meditate and slow down in that way. All the things that I've been working at in fits and starts will have room. I think that's the big thing, I won't be so stressed out by having so many things around me. I'll be in an environment that will foster healing. My plan is to really work on healing me- re-learning how to meditate, praying and playing, getting fit and eating healthy. I know we can't move into a new home and expect to suddenly be different people but these are things I've been working at for years and I can't seem to make them stick. I am so sensitive to my environment and the apartment we've been living in tells me to take a nap, give up and roll over. The house will tell me, "It's ok, you can do it! This is the life you've been working toward!". And she will be right!

2 comments:

  1. sometimes a small space helps the mind get and keep organized. I happy that this place feels right to you, that in itself is a big part in menta comfort. Be very careful. I just moved myself and learned that what i thought was only a pulled muscle is a bit more severe:D
    I hope the water has fish for you and your kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I hope your injury heals quickly and well. I must admit I'm intimidated by moving and the organization part. I'm also very excited. I hope you like the place you moved to. I think the river does have fish! How fun!

    ReplyDelete